If you are interested in volunteering at Phoenix Centre assisting with community events, or becoming a Board member please contact Sian Lewis, Executive Director at 250-374-4634
Board Member’s Job Description
Kamloops Society for Alcohol & Drug Services (dba The Phoenix Centre) board members guide the society through principle-centered governance. The board continuously strives to improve organization resilience and response to community changing needs. Board member accountabilities include:
- Participating as a voting member at board meetings (10/year).
- Keeping informed on board related matters as well as preparing for meetings by reviewing minutes and reports prior to board meetings.
- Committing to participating actively in committees of interest, and making the best use of one’s unique talents and skills.
- Building working relationships with other board members that contribute to consensus.
- Actively participating in board strategic planning.
If you have an interest in shaping the future of our regional addictions support resource, please contact Phoenix Centre and ask to speak with the Board of Directors, President.