WHAT TO BRING
- ONLY as much clothing as you will need for 5 to 7 days
(We don't have storage available although we do have laundry facilities.)
- Comfortable clothing and shoes for exercise and walking.
- Medications prescribed by your doctor must be in properly labeled containers. Please do not mix pills.
- Clients using prescribed Methadone must be referred through our Detox Supervisor
- If you smoke, bring enough cigarettes to last through your stay (no passes during your stay).
- Your medical card (if you have one).
- Toiletries, towels, and facecloth etc. if you can
- Money for transport home or a return bus ticket.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Cell phones
- Candy, pop or other foodstuff.
- Perfume or cologne.
- Electronic devices of any kind.
- Drug paraphernalia.
- Inappropriate clothing for a detox centre i.e. tops that expose your midriff.
CHANGES to Detox during COVID-19
- Clients are being screened for COVID-19 at the time of booking and upon admission
- Admission criteria is more rigorous to prioritize those who require medically supported withdrawal management
- Clients are responsible for transportation to and from Phoenix Centre
Phoenix Centre is a 20 bed in-patient facility that provides withdrawal management programming for adults 19 years and older. Dependant upon circumstances youth under the age of 19 may be accepted. Each room is double occupancy.
The program provides medically monitored withdrawal services, assessment, individual support, psycho-educational groups, yoga, as well as medical management for clients on supervised prescription withdrawal protocols.
This program also makes referrals to local community health centres for addiction counselling and methadone services. Open seven days a week 24 hours a day, 365 daysof the year.
For more information call 250-374-4634 or 1-877-318-1177.
You can also connect Detox Services by texting 250-320-0341. Text messages will be checked Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The Detox Program welcomes you into the first step of the recovery process. We recognize that the decision to change your lifestyle is difficult. The detox staff believe that you have the strength to make a better life for yourself. We are committed to making you feel safe and supported as you move through the withdrawal process.
Clients are admitted to detox 24 hours a day. On admission our staff will search all belongings. Drugs of any kind must be turned over to staff. Admission time will be arranged with you when we call to book you. It is important that you come at the time arranged.
There is no direct cost to you for the in-patient residential service, although there may be fees as they relate to your specific medication requirements. Please contact our detox in-patient service for more information.
Length of Stay
You should plan on a minimum five-day stay. Your stay may be extended beyond that time depending upon your drugs of choice, the stage of your addiction and your general health. The Detox staff will determine this.
Our Detox Program Provides
A medically safe detox (all clients are seen by a doctor within their first 24 hours). Crisis intervention counselling is also provided. Referral information for follow-up treatment or support recovery facilities often have wait lists so going directly from detox may not be possible. If you have an outpatient counsellor it would be wise to discuss follow-up treatment whenever possible. Funding for support recovery cannot be arranged at detox unless you have an open file with Ministry of Human Resources. If you do not have an open file the arrangement for funding is the client's responsibility. If you need more information on funding, please call the Phoenix Centre™ before admission.